April 18th
It has been a very busy busy past week. This last week I have visited 3 different countries and 4 different capitals. The first stop was Berlin which was just my roommate and I. The first day was exhausting as we had to pack and finish up school work before our 6:40am flight, we were not feeling too great the next day. When we got to Berlin it was also much colder than expected and since we are students studying in Spain we didn’t necessarily have gloves or hats to help shield us from the cold. The first day was pretty relaxed we spent the time before checking into our hotel looking through shops to try and find hats and gloves and then visiting the Berlin Wall museum. After checking in we recovered from our long night with a nap grabbed some food and then saw the east side gallery which was full of lots of interesting art works. The next day we slept in a bit had a walking tour and saw as much of Berlin as we could before hopping on our overnight bus to Amsterdam. There we squeezed in as much as possibly by visiting the royal castle, eating some good food, the Anne frank house, Van Gogh museum and much more. This was for sure one of the busier stops especially with how long it took to get to the city center from our hotel and how much we squeezed into our two days. The next day was an early bus to Brussels where we finally relaxed a bit since there isn’t an overwhelming amount of things to do there. We saw the main plaza there took a walking tour and learned a bit about the city and the country and last we visited the world famous bar Delirium. The next morning was an early one having to wake up at 6:30 to get ready for my bus to the airport and then my flight after that I had a few hours walking around Madrid. I mostly just saw the plaza mayor and a bit of buen retiro park, the plaza I’ll be honest was not as exciting as I hoped it would be it was beautiful but not what I was expecting. My trip ended with a 6 hour bus ride and then getting home to shower and go to bed. It was a really fun weekend but I never realized how exhausting traveling could be. I’m happy I got the experience and I get to explore while I can, I hope back home I can find more trips and fun things to do to have adventures like I do here.
       ~Avery

Comments