May 8th,
I've been back home for a few days and it still hasn't set in. It's hard to imagine that the experiences I had and the days just sitting at the river with my friends won't happen anymore. Sevilla will always be there but all the people I met and got to know, we will never all be there again. I know there are friends I will visit even if they live on the other side of the United States. Talking with my friend Carolina I asked her if anything would ever live up to our three months in Spain and she said probably not and being back I think I agree with her. There will be other great experiences in my life but nothing will ever be the same as studying abroad and making life long friends in Spain. For now, I will try to adjust to life back home and remember all the amazing times I had in Spain. One thing I did talk about the last few weeks was how weird it was to go abroad and make a whole new life just to leave it behind. I think I will use the life I left behind as inspiration to keep traveling and working so I can make a life that can compare to my time in Spain.

Comments