March 17th
These last few days have been very busy and long. Sadly I've been sick with a cold for quite a few days and don't seem to be getting rid of my cough anytime soon. Even with this I still managed to have a fun time visiting an old friend in Bilbao/Vitoria. Thursday I was able to go through the Guggenheim museum and spend some time looking at art. With this, I also got to see some of Bilbao by following the river on my walk to the bus station. The rest of the weekend was spent in the quaint city of Vitoria which didn't have too much tourist wise to do. My friend there also knew little about the city due to him originally being from Bilbao. But while I was there I was able to spend time with a group of Spaniards who were welcoming and helped me practice my Spanish and them practice their English with me. Overall it was a wonderful weekend and I'm glad I got to spend it with a friend I haven't seen in around 3 years. Now I just need to get better so I am able to keep doing fun things while here.
                 ~Avery

Comments